The Naktiv site has, like any competent social network, an all-singing, all-dancing permissions system built-in and ready for you to use. The default values are fairly relaxed and are similar to how Faceache operates, eg; are aimed at people who want to share their content, including images, widely and socially. We are NOT a private network, we have excellent facilities for sharing and connecting to other online networks. Anyone can post a link to anything, anywhere on the internet, but permissions to view that item are wholly dependent on how you set your permissions here. It is essential for every user to familiarize themselves with the available privacy settings and to USE them appropriately.
Your first port of call is probably: Profile -> Settings -> Privacy (please note the following default site settings).
- Profile photo -> always visible to everybody, everywhere, (just like FB).
- Profile content -> visible unless YOU restrict access (profile->settings->privacy_settings).
- Blogs -> visible unless YOU restrict access (based on profile privacy settings).
- Photos -> visible unless YOU restrict access (group and both gallery and image privacy settings)
- Events -> visible unless the event owner restricts access.
- Groups -> visible unless the group owner restricts access.
- Activity feed/s -> visible to logged-in users only.
As a judge would say, ignorance is no excuse, so please take a little time to browse the site, and learn to use the many helpful tools at your disposal. These are designed to make it easy for you to share your content, and to restrict access to your content, how you choose. There is no point in complaining to the site administrators that someone has posted a link, to your profile for instance, on Faceache or Twixxer, and that the whole world can suddenly see your profile. The site provides the facility for you to post your information here, and at the same time provides the facility for you to make it public, or to make it private, or to make it anything in between. This is YOUR responsibility!