The verification system is simply a means to be reasonably certain site users are interacting with a real person, someone who resembles their profile.
- The verification process is entirely voluntary.
- No-one has to be verified, it's a free personal choice.
- This is no guarantee of user-to-profile and profile-to-user accuracy.
- We are not the FBI, we are not the local police force, we do NOT do in-depth checking of user profiles.
- We have no way to check whether the user is good, whether they are safe or moral, or not.
- This is simply a rough appraisal as to whom the user purports to be.
- The user submits several photos of themself.
- A moderator checks the correlation between the photos and the profile
- If they match, the user account is marked as verified, that's it.
- Volatile, for obvious reasons.
- If the user changes their profile photo or the contents of their verification gallery, the verification will be removed.
- A user may request re-verification at any time.
To continue follow the instructions HERE, but before you actually do so please note a few things to avoid:
- Do NOT use photoshop or equivalent!
- Do NOT post your verification photos in a public photo album!
- Do NOT post your verification photos on the main feed!
- Do NOT expect your verification process to be influenced by any donations - the processes are unrelated.
- Do NOT get upset when your verification is rescinded after you change your profile information!
- Do NOT get upset when your verification is rejected because you have not followed these instructions.
Thank you for your understanding.